Air fryer frozen broccoli is so easy and delicious! Whip up that classic roasted broccoli texture and flavor with no mess (and in under 10 minutes!) so that it can go with any meal!
Quick and easy air fryer foods are some of my favorite things to make! Try out these other frozen favorites that I make in my air fryers like these French fries, these pizza rolls, and these frozen fish sticks!
Seasoned Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
When cooking frozen vegetables, the first question I always ask myself is, “Is this going to taste as good as it would if I used fresh?” The answer to that question, in this case, is yes! That’s actually one of my very favorite things about the air fryer! It makes just about any food (including leftovers) taste fresh! This broccoli is no exception.
When cooked in the air fryer, vegetables come out to a roasted perfection. Just like if you cooked them in your oven! When it’s done cooking I like to season it with olive oil and salt and pepper. You can make this as crispy as you like by adding a minute or two to the time! So go ahead and grab those broccoli florets out of the freezer and cook them up. Microwave them no more because the air fryer is so much better!
Ingredients to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
You only need four ingredients to make your broccoli taste delicious! It doesn’t get much easier than that. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Frozen Broccoli Florets: Find these in the freezer section at the grocery store. Keep a bunch on hand because this recipe is easy and delicious!
- Salt & Pepper: Use these to taste. More or less depending on your personal preference! You could also use garlic powder to season these as well.
- Olive Oil: I like to drizzle some olive oil on top so that when I sprinkle on the salt and pepper, it sticks. You could use avocado oil instead!
How to Cook Frozen Broccoli in the Air Fryer
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, reheating frozen foods and leftovers is my number one reason to get one! Air fryer recipes are the best. They make your food taste so fresh and delicious!
- Add to air fryer: Place frozen broccoli into the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook: Close the basket and air fry the broccoli for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shake: Shake the air fryer basket halfway through to evenly cook the broccoli.
- *Optional*: Continue to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes if you want your broccoli more crispy.
- Add seasoning: Once the broccoli is cooked then put it in a bowl and drizzle it with olive oil. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper and enjoy as a side to any entree!
Air Fryer Tips
Here are some easy tips that everyone should know when cooking any delicious food (like frozen broccoli!) in the air fryer!
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: The most important rule (in my opinion) is that you don’t try to fill the air fryer’s basket up with too much food at once. When you overfill the basket and your food is all touching then it doesn’t cook evenly. Make sure it’s in a single layer. The parts that touch will remain soggy and you won’t get that delicious and crisp edge that the air fryer is known for!
- Shake, shake, shake: Give the basket a good shake throughout the cooking process! This helps to cook and brown the food more evenly.
- Easy Cleanup Tips: Use parchment paper or foil to line the basket if you want to make clean-up easy. Also, be sure to clean the air fryer if there is a lot of residue from the food left behind. This helps to prevent the food from taking on other flavors.
Calories39kcal (2%)Carbohydrates8g (3%)Protein3g (6%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium37mg (2%)Potassium358mg (10%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A706IU (14%)Vitamin C101mg (122%)Calcium53mg (5%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.