Following the news that an Apple Store in Maryland has decided to unionize, President Joe Biden has said that he is proud of their decision.
Biden told reports that “workers have a right to determine under what condition they are going to work or not work,” when speaking with reporters, following the news that more than 100 workers voted to join the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
The outfit said the vote was “overwhelmingly” in favor of unionizing, reports Reuters.
“Everybody is better off, including the final product is always better off (because of unions)”, Biden said on Monday when asked about the Apple workers who voted to join a union.
Widely considered the most pro-union president in decades, Biden has reversed rules of former President Donald Trump that critics said weakened worker protections.
This is far from the only Apple Store that has been considering joining a union, with others across the United States also in a similar boat. One Apple Store in Atlanta recently paused its plans to vote on unionizing, saying that staff members were being intimidated by Apple into voting against such a move.
Apple has so far refused to comment on the move to unionize, but has already sought to dissuade members of its retail staff by saying that being part of a union would make it difficult for Apple to move quickly to deal with their concerns.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.5 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.5 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad Right Now
- iOS 16 Public Beta 1 Release Date Announced
- iOS 16 Beta 1 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Developer Account Released
- iOS 16 Beta 2 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect It From Apple
- Download iOS 16 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]