Roasted Broccoli and Asparagus are two of my favorite vegetables to roast and fortunately, they pair deliciously with the varieties of summer squash that are at their best this time of year.
Roasted Broccoli and Asparagus
Roasting is one of my favorite ways to prepare vegetables. It is so simple and the vegetables always turn out well with very little effort on my part. Tonight’s dinner was especially fun because the squash was from our very own garden!
This is the first year we have had a garden and has been exciting to watch our plants grow each day. The squash in this recipe was our first harvest and it was delicious. I am looking forward to an awesome summer of fresh homegrown vegetables.
Edited to add: I published this post 11 years ago just a few days after I started sharing recipes on this website. We aren’t gardening this year, so I’m really looking forward to enjoying the Farmer’s Market near our new home in Ohio!
Roasted Summer Vegetables
- asparagus spears
- Italian zucchini
- yellow or crookneck squash
- broccoli florets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Roasted Asparagus, Broccoli and Summer Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the vegetables on a large baking sheet and drizzle generously with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat all the pieces.
- Spread the vegetables across the pan in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes until crisp-tender. Serve warm.
Want a few more delicious ways to roast and enjoy vegetables?
Fresh green beans are tossed with Sriracha, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil and then roasted to hot, crisp perfection with this recipe for Sriracha Honey Roasted Green Beans.
This recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts brings together salty bacon, sweet apples, and caramelized Brussels sprouts for a truly outstanding side dish.
Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots are caramelized carrots with slightly crisp edges in a garlic honey butter sauce.
Roasted Cauliflower generously coated with garlic and paprika has become one of my favorite vegetables over the past five years. Cauliflower florets become tender on the inside and delightfully crispy on the outside with a little kick of spice.
Roasted Broccoli and Asparagus with Summer Squash
- 8-10 asparagus spears trimmed into 2-3" pieces, about 1 cup worth
- 1 medium Italian zucchini cut into bite-size pieces, about 2 cups worth
- 1 medium yellow or crookneck squash cut into bite-size pieces, about 2 cups
- 1 broccoli crown cut into small florets, about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the vegetables on a large baking sheet and drizzle generously with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat all the pieces.
Spread the vegetables across the pan in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes until crisp-tender. Serve warm.
originally published 5/18/11 – recipe notes and photos updated 7/28/22
The post Roasted Broccoli and Asparagus with Summer Squash appeared first on Barefeet in the Kitchen.