No Sugar Weight loss Gajar ka halwa
Carrots are great source of vitamins and minerals. They are good for your eyes and also lower your risk of cancer. Well, one of the best things that you can do is include carrots or carrot juice for weight loss. This is because carrots help you feel satiated for longer and also takes care of the hunger pangs. This may lead to lesser calorie intake and thus help lose weight. Carrots are loaded with antioxidants, which is very beneficial in boosting the immune system. If you consume carrots regularly, it helps you in building a better and stronger immunity.
Winters are incomplete without our favourite Gajrela. And all the weight watchers tend to miss out on the love n warmth of our mothers. Carrot halwa is a popular sweet made in North India, and it is especially popular during winters. The traditional gajar ka halwa recipe is made with only carrots, milk, ghee and sugar but we are going to eat it in our weight loss journey so we will skip the sugar and add khajur.
I prefer to use red Delhi carrots to make the halwa, as they are tender and juicy. That said, you can use any carrots – red, orange, or even black – so long as they are not fibrous, stringy or hard.
Method to make it in a pressure cooker:
1. Heat the ghee In a pressure cooker, add the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes on medium flame.
2. Add 3/4 cup of milk and dates, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
4. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of milk and cardamom powder. You can also toss in some almonds, walnuts for that extra crunch and healthy conscious.
5. Now give it a good mix and let it cook on a medium flame for about 4-5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir continuously.
6. Our gajar ka halwa is ready.