Offline education is the traditional way of learning by going to school or an institution and attending classes with a instructor. Students and teachers have face-to-face interaction. This way communication is not just limited among the students but another important aspect is teacher-student interaction which is ample in process of learning.
Online education is learning via online classes as per the convenience of the students and teachers. Online Classes is a form of distance learning which takes place across the internet. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, education departments decided to initiate remote learning. Replacement of traditional learning with online learning can show different advantages and disadvantages for students, teachers, and even education industries. In comparison, Both forms of education have their advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Offline classes/ traditional methods
- A teacher could pay more attention to students.
- Students would focus more on studies.
- More interaction between students and teachers.
- Students are more attentive.
Disadvantages of Offline classes
- Wastage of time and resources.
- Students could be less comfortable as compared to the online mode of classes/trainings.
- Students may lack the opportunity to learn advancing technology.
- Lectures once delivered cannot be repeated.
Advantages of Online classes/trainings
- Saves time and resources.
- Students could be more comfortable as compared to offline mode of classes.
- Students can give their attendance right from the comfort of their homes.
- Students could get a chance to know about the current technology scenario of teaching.
Disadvantages of Online classes/trainings:-
- Teacher unable to pay equal attention to the students.
- Students would focus less on the topic.
- Less interaction between students and teachers.
- Lack of trust between teacher and students.
The advantages and disadvantages can differ from person to person. The listed above are one of the most commonly heard.