Indian superfoods are very beneficial in weight loss and make for delicious recipes. Poha can easily be called a superfood that works brilliantly for weight loss when eaten in breakfast. It is also the most desirable Indian snack that is eaten in many ways. Along with many health benefits, poha can be the main ingredient in many recipes. While some like to add a twist of sugar to it while others like to flood it with peanuts and veggies. In any form, poha makes for the best breakfast option.
Poha is light on the digestive system as well. It is easy on the stomach and while it makes you feel full, it doesn’t bring any fat. Many nutritionists also advise eating poha in breakfast, afternoon or as an evening snack. It is rich in iron and low on calories. It also lower blood or sugar level.
- Take poha in a bowl, add water to it and rinse it well with cold water and drain out excess water.
- In a pan add mustard seeds, when the mustard seeds start popping, add green chili and curry leaves.
- Then, add the chopped veggies and cook for few minutes till they become soft. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Now add salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the soaked poha.
- Then, mix everything well and turn the heat off.
- Serve it hot and garnish it with coriander leaves!