Salads can be a good way to get your important vitamins, minerals, and fiber. However, not all salads are healthy or nutritious. It depends on what is in the salad. It is OK to add small amounts of dressing and toppings, however, if you overdo it with high-fat or high-sugar add-ins, your salad may cause you to exceed your daily calorie needs and contribute to weight gain. Prepare salads with colorful vegetables. There are many types of salad and one type is moong daal sprout salad.
Moong dal is one of the most popular vegetarian superfoods. It is rich in high-quality proteins and other essential nutrients. The high protein content contributes to building and repairing tissues and building muscles, bones, cartilage, blood, and skin.
Sprouts contain fewer amounts of calories and are a rich source of fiber. Having a bowl of sprouts between your meals can make you feel fuller and reduce appetite, which is quite beneficial when trying to shed kilos. The protein-rich, easy-to-make sprouts are highly recommended when trying to lose weight.
RECIPE TO MAKE MASALA SPROUT SALAD
- Firstly, blanch moong sprouts in hot water for 5 minutes, drain off the water.
- Make sure the moong sprouts are softened a bit yet crunchy.
- Take the blanched moong sprouts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cumin powder, chili powder, amchur, and salt according to your diet plan.
- Mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
- Further add finely chopped cucumber, tomato, carrot, capsicum, and onion.
- Add coriander, mint chutney.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.